What is Work Ready Training?
The course is specially designed to support individuals to progress from non employment into sustainable employment by supporting you with basic skills and confidence building.
It is a part-time course that runs from 6 to a maximum of 24 weeks.
Your benefits will not be affected and you will receive money to help pay for travel.
Who is eligible?
You qualify if you are:
- Aged 18 and over
- In receipt of benefits/allowances
- Referred by your Job Centre Plus Advisor
What will I do on the course?
We have a dedicated team who will work with you to:
- Develop your CV
- Improve your interview skills
- Assist you with application form completion
- Expand your covering letter writing skills
- Communication Skills
- CIEH Health & Safety in the Workplace Level 2
- CIEH First Aid at Work Level 2
- Job Searching
Can I extend my training?
Yes – You can extend your training in the following subjects:
- ICT E3
- Welcome Host
- Application of Number (ESW) Essential Skills Wales
- Communication (ESW) Essential Skills Wales
or the following NVQ subjects:
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
Contact your local Tydfil Training Centre on:
Merthyr Tydfil 01685 371747 or Pontypridd 01443 409516
or alternatively, speak with your Job Centre Plus Advisor and ask to be referred to Tydfil Training for “Employability Skills” Training.
* This programme is part financed by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government