The Level 1 Retail Skills qualifications comprise units which are based on the national occupational standards developed by Skillsmart Retail, the Sector Skills Council for the retail sector. The aim of the qualifications is to recognise the skills and competences of candidates in the retail workplace.
The Level 1 Retail Skills qualifications are most appropriate for candidates who are new to the retail sector and wish to gain a basic introduction to, and understanding of, the retail workplace and roles within the sector. There is direct progression within the Retail Skills suite. Candidates may progress horizontally from the Level 1 Award on to the Certificate or Diploma, or vertically on to the Level 2 qualifications.
• Are high quality and nationally recognised
• Are vocationally-related
• Are credit-based
• Support achievement of Key Skills/Functional Skills/Essential Skills
• Relate to national occupational standards (NOS)
• Are regulated in the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
• Appear on the Register of Regulated Qualifications
• Are supported by Skillsmart Retail, the sector body for Retail.
They provide valuable opportunities for candidates to:
• Develop skills
• Gain underpinning knowledge and understanding
• Demonstrate competence in the workplace
• Provide progression to other vocational qualifications, specifically those in Retail
• Improve employability
• Continue professional development.
For more information contact:
Susan Type or Wendy Harris on 01685 371747