Business & Administration NVQ
The OCR NVQ in Business and Administration suite of qualifications provides candidates with high quality, nationally recognised qualifications. They are vocationally-related, credit-based qualifications that provide valuable opportunities for individuals to develop skills, gain underpinning knowledge and understanding and demonstrate competence in the workplace or provide progression within the OCR NVQ in Business and Administration suite of qualifications and in to employment. They support achievement of Functional Skills and relate to national occupational standards (NOS).
The awarding body for these qualifications is Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations (OCR) and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).
These qualifications have been accredited onto the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). They are endorsed by the Council for Administration, the sector body for business and administration.
These qualifications aim to:
• Provide a basic introduction to the requirements of the work place in the context of a business environment
• Reflect the work of administration staff across a wide range of industries and types of organisation and for those who work with a high degree of support and supervision
• Allow progression to the OCR Level 2 NVQ Award, Certificate and Diploma qualifications. This will also provide progression to the apprenticeship framework allowing learners to claim credit for units previously achieved
They provide valuable opportunities for candidates to:
• Develop skills
• Gain underpinning knowledge and understanding
• Demonstrate competence in the workplace
• Provide progression to other vocational qualifications
• Improve employability
• Continue professional development.
For more information contact:
Susan Type or Wendy Harris on 01685 371747